Mass Flow Meter
A mass flow meter is a type of flow meter used to measure the mass flow rate of a fluid in a pipeline. Unlike volumetric flow meters that measure the volume of fluid passing through a pipeline, mass flow meters measure the actual mass of the fluid.
There are different types of mass flow meters available, but they all work on the principle of measuring the mass flow rate of a fluid by measuring the fluid's velocity or changes in fluid properties as it flows through a sensor. Some of the most common types of mass flow meters include thermal mass flow meters, Coriolis mass flow meters, and gravimetric mass flow meters.
Thermal mass flow meters work by measuring the heat loss from a heated element as the fluid flows past it. Coriolis mass flow meters work by measuring the changes in fluid movement due to the Coriolis effect, which causes a twisting motion in the vibrating tube carrying the fluid. Gravimetric mass flow meters work by measuring the mass of fluid that flows through a pipeline over a specific period of time.
Mass flow meters are widely used in many industries, including chemical, petrochemical, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, and environmental monitoring. They offer high accuracy and repeatability, and can handle a wide range of fluid properties, such as viscosity, density, and temperature.
Mass Flow Meter Features & benefits
Mass flow meters offer several features and benefits that make them useful for a wide range of applications. Here are some of the key features and benefits of mass flow meters:
- 1. High accuracy: Mass flow meters can measure the actual mass flow rate of a fluid, making them highly accurate and reliable.
- 2. Direct mass flow measurement: Unlike volumetric flow meters, which measure the volume of fluid, mass flow meters measure the actual mass of the fluid, providing more accurate measurements.
- 3. Wide range of applications: Mass flow meters can be used to measure the mass flow rate of various fluids, including liquids, gases, and steam, making them suitable for a wide range of applications.
- 4. Low pressure drop: Mass flow meters typically have a low pressure drop, which reduces energy consumption and makes them ideal for applications where low pressure drops are important.
- 5. Low maintenance: Mass flow meters are low-maintenance devices, with no moving parts or filters that need regular cleaning or replacement.
- 6. Easy installation: Mass flow meters are easy to install and can be installed in any orientation.
- 7. Real-time data: Mass flow meters provide real-time data on the mass flow rate of a fluid, which can be used for process control and optimization.
Overall, the features and benefits of mass flow meters make them a popular choice for applications where high accuracy, reliability, and low maintenance are required.
Product Details :
|Brand :||Fidicon Devices India|
|Item :||Mass Flow Meter|