Breather Valve With Flame Arrestor
Breather Valve with Flame Arrestor is a tank protection device that protects tanks and vessels against overpressurization and fire. This is a Pressure Vacuum Relief Valve with an integrated Flame Arrestor.
These are often of the dead weight variety for pressures that are set to standards. These can be provided with a spring load if higher set pressures are needed.
With the use of an arrestor element, the Flame Arrestor is intended to control the propagation of flame within a container. By absorbing and diffusing the flame's heat below the flash point, the element puts out flames. The arrestor releases the vapour and lowers the temperature of an incoming flame to below the vapor's ignition point, shielding the exposed side of the device.
This pressure vacuum relief valve is a lightweight, compact device with an integrated flame retort. These are preferable over the traditional separate in-line Flame Arrestor and Breather Valve combo because they are lighter and easier to clean the flame arrestor element and maintain the pallets.
These were made with the intention of having separate flame arrestor elements for the pressure relief and vacuum relief ports.
Flame Arrestor :
A flame arrestor is used to stop the propagation and transmission of flame generated in a line from one side that isn't protected to the other while still allowing vapours to reach the protected side. When hazardous gases are being carried through process lines or on the vents of storage tanks and containers, flame arrestors are fitted.
1) End of Line type : End-of-Line Flame Arresters are made to stop atmospheric deflagration in situations when the ignition source is external to the system.
2) In-Line Type : The intake and exit of flame arresters are provided using flanged or threaded mounting connectors. In the constrained area of the short outlet pipe or inside the vent body, a combustible vapor/air mixture could catch fire.
Where is the flame arrester breather valve used?
Each gas has distinctive qualities. You can select the proper cross section of metal strands that the flame won't pass through using this information as a guide. The choice and creation of a fire fuse known as a MESG with the proper slots is crucial (Maximum Experimental Safe Gap).
Types of deflagration, include detonation-based endurance burning and short-term burning
Liquid: installed on a liquid detonation flame arrester and used to empty storage tanks and prevent vapour explosions (foot valve)
End of line flame arrester/ventilation hood with vent/air valve to maintain uninterrupted air flow to the tank and gas/vapor outflow to the atmosphere while safeguarding the tank against flashback. A unique explosion-proof element with slots that are matched to the explosive group of the material contained in the tank is used to provide the protection.
- Higher Flame Quenching Area
- Finely Crimped Arrestor Element
- MATERIAL OF CONSRUCTION
- Easy Maintenance
- Weather Hood for End of Line Flame Arrestors
- Size : 1" to 34"
- Element Material Stainless Steel, Cast Aluminum, Carbon Steel or Stainless Steel Casing
- Material of Construction : Aluminium, carbon steel, 304SS, 316SS, Hastelloy
- Standard : As per API 2000 & CMRI
- Set Pressure : 50mm H2O to 2000mm H2O
- Temperature : 0 to 400 0C
- Usage/Application : Industrial
- Brand : Fidicon Devices India